Child Protection and Safeguarding
Policy Statement and Principles
The school’s safeguarding arrangements are inspected by Ofsted under the judgements for behaviour and safety, and leadership and management.
Our core safeguarding principles are:
- The school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of paramount importance
- Safer children make more successful learners
- Policies will be reviewed at least annually unless an incident or new legislation or guidance suggests the need for an interim review.
Child protection statement
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
The procedures contained in this policy apply to all staff and governors and are consistent with those of the local safeguarding children board (LSCB).
- Welfare of the child is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity,have equal rights to protection
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
- To provide all staff with the necessary information to enable them to meet their child protection responsibilities
- To ensure consistent good practice
- To demonstrate the school’s commitment with regard to child protection to pupils, parents andother partners
- To contribute to the school’s safeguarding portfolio
Click here to read and download the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.