Our Values and Ethos
Forest Hill School aims for the academic success and personal happiness of every student.
We aim to help each student:
- Develop their talents and interests which can support a full and useful life
- Celebrate cultural and social diversity as a strength
- Leave school having reached the highest academic standard possible
- Achieve the skills to continue effective life-long learning
- Prepare to take up successfully the role of citizens of the future
To support this aim we:
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating learning environment
- Maintain high expectations of work and behaviour
- Foster creativity and initiative
- Promote self esteem
- Celebrate success in all areas
The diverse and fully inclusive school community is totally reflective of that around us. Forest Hill is a genuine all-ability community school – our ethos is tangible. The traditional House system ensures that every student is known and valued. It actively promotes tolerance and celebrates diversity as a strength, tackling discrimination in all its forms.
SFH6, our joint Sixth Form provision with Sydenham School, goes from strength to strength. The excellent outcomes have secured an increasing number of places for our students on a diverse range of degree courses at Russell Group Universities and Oxbridge.
As a restorative school we pride ourselves on the strength of relationships between all members of the school. These underpin our cohesive community, helping provide a calm and ordered learning environment. This in turn is the foundation for innovative and rigorous learning experiences, which ultimately deliver our excellent outcomes.