In this section
History and Ethos
Motto and Values
Friends of Forest Hill
Motto and Values
Forest Hill School is a community which is Aspiring to Excellence Together. This is our school motto and it drives us to relentlessly pursue excellence in all aspects of school life.
We have a very strong ethos which is underpinned by our Core Values:
We are ready to learn, we give 100% effort, and we never give up. We are determined to succeed.
- I am independent and self-motivated
- I actively participate in lessons
- I rise to new challenges
- I step out of my comfort zone
- I believe in myself to be the best I can be
We aim high, we ask questions, and we challenge ourselves every day. We strive to be anything we want to be.
- I look for ways to further develop my knowledge and skills
- I am prepared to take risks
- I know what I need to do to achieve my goals
- I am focused on my future
- I am determined to succeed
We respect ourselves, each other, and our environment. We value all members of the school community.
- I promote and support equality
- I listen to others’ views and beliefs
- I accept others for who they are
- I follow the school rules
- I respect the school buildings, facilities and surrounding environment
We are friendly, inclusive and considerate to all. We treat others how we wish to be treated.
- I support and encourage those around me
- I am considerate of others’ feelings
- I give my peers positive feedback
- I am polite to my teachers and other staff members
- I support school fundraising events for charities
These values pervade the school and set the agenda for our culture of constant improvement and striving for yet greater heights.