In this section
Our Rules are based upon the simple expectation that students at Forest Hill are always Ready, Respectful and Safe.
Forest Hill students are ready to learn. They are ambitious and strive to do well. They set the highest standards for themselves both inside and outside of lessons and make the most of the opportunities they are given.
- Students must be punctual to lessons and to registration. Students going out of a classroom during lesson time must carry a note from the teacher.
- Students must wear correct school uniform at all times – additional items will be confiscated.
- Students must have their Day Books and a set of the prescribed equipment with them at all times.
- Students should not bring mobile phones or other electronic devices into school. They will be confiscated and will not be returned until the end of the following week.
Forest Hill students are respectful, kind and courteous. They support and value the school and all members of the school and wider community.
- Students must treat other people with kindness and respect. Racist, sexist, homophobic/biphobic/transphobic behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Students must respect boundaries with regard to other people’s property. The sale of any item in school by students is forbidden.
- Students should respect the environment and refrain from eating or drinking in classrooms during lessons or lesson changeover. Students are permitted to drink water (and only water) in lessons.
- Students are forbidden to drop litter or deface the environment in any way. Students who graffiti (on books, on furniture or anywhere in the building) will face serious consequences.
Forest Hill students do their utmost to ensure that the school is a safe place to learn. They consider others’ needs and the consequences of their own actions.
- Students should avoid inappropriate contact with others, especially play-fighting.
- Students must always walk on the left along corridors or staircases and move with regard for the safety of others at all times.
- Students must not attend school in possession of or under the influence of tobacco, alcohol or any illegal substance.
- Students must not bring items such as frozen drinks/biscuits etc into school which they intend to sell or distribute.
- Students must not bring dangerous objects or objects which could be used as weapons into school.
- Students must not invite or encourage intruders onto the school site.