In this section
The School Day
Info for New Parents
Friends of Forest Hill
The contribution of parents to the development of the school and to the sharing of ideas about what the school does well and what it could do to improve its provision for students is very important. There are a number of ways in which parents can share their views and ideas:
- Contact (speak to or e-mail*) the Headteacher directly
- Send an email to the school office
- Talk to a parent governor (see Governors Page)
- Complete the Ofsted Parent View questionnaire
- Complete our Annual Parent Survey
- Join our Parents’ Forum (see below)
- Attend one of our termly Headteacher’s Coffee Mornings
- Raise a complaint either verbally or in writing
*Receipt of your message will be acknowledged confidentially by the Head’s PA initially, with a fuller response following in due course as appropriate.
Annual Parent Survey
Every year, we issue a survey to families to seek parents’ views about the school. The survey aims to seek views across three broad categories of the school’s work:
- The School in general (based on OfSTED’s questionnaire)
- Communication / Parental Involvement
- Reporting your child’s progress
The governors and Senior Leadership Team will use the responses from the survey to determine the key suggestions from parents and their key concerns. This, in turn, will be used to contribute to school development plans and routines for the following year.
The 2021 Parent Survey is now closed. Please click here to view the results.
The Forest Hill School Parents’ Forum is an informal group where parents can share ideas, views and concerns, and make suggestions for improvement. The forum takes place once a term with the aim of:
- Working together to improve the education provided for the students
- Sharing information, knowledge and skills
- Further improving communications between parents/carers and staff/governors
3 November 2021
The first Parents’ Forum of 2021-22 took place on 3 November 2021. The main focus was the updated PHSCE programme and the secondary topic for discussion was extracurricular activities.
Click below to view a recording of the Parents’ Forum and to view a copy of the presentation.